Sunday 4 May 2014

Orange & Blue


Hi, it's unseasonably cold and windy outside today, perfect excuse to stay in my craft room!

I'm using up another of the butterflies I made a while ago, coloured with inktense pencils.
I blended some blues and a brown distress ink onto the tag and spritzed with water. I usually just leave the ink as is but I'm having fun with the water effects.

I'm linking up to the challenge at Allsorts where the theme is butterflies.

At Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge the theme is anything goes.

There's a choice of sketch challenge at The Hero Arts Blog.
sketch_challenge_500
I chose sketch #2

At A Blog Named Hero the theme is to create a project inspired by a Hero Arts artist.
I was inspired by Jennifer McGuire and her use of distress inks.

Materials used:
Hero Arts antique engraving stamp: Memory Box journey stamp; versafine ink, clear embossing powder; inktense pencils: distress inks; birds and swirls embossing folder; MFT label die, behind my tag.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

12 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

Love all those butterflies you have made Cathy - super! Your tag cards look so good too.

rachel said...

wonderful make Cathy - gorgeous colours again xx

Wendy L said...

Great design and a very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxxx

roffeycreations said...

I like the little darker strip under the bottom of the tag - nice detail... Mxx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Very beautiful, I love the colours. Your previous posts with butterflies are all beautiful as well. Have a great week, Shirleyx

Brenda in IN said...

I've never used those pencils but you did a terrific job coloring. It looks like you sponged distress ink on your butterfly. So pretty.

brenda said...

This is just lovely for our Butterflies theme Cathy, thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x (My Grand Calibur candy runs until the weekend here

Emily Leiphart said...

So beautiful, Cathy! I love the colours. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes!

Mrs A. said...

Still trying to play catchup. My readers list has completely gone again so can't see anyone. This is another gorgeous tag. Hugs Mrs a.

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous, Cathy ... that butterfly is just stunning, so beautifully coloured! Anita :)

Karen M said...

Love this gorgeous card cathy - your colours are so pretty and the butterfly looks so beautiful! Happy mothers day xx

Monika Reeck said...

wooowwww gorgeous and adorable love the use of the sketch the color combo and I looovee the HA Butterfly its the stunning point I choose another sketch but using the same butterfly mayvbe you would like to hop to my blog...would be glad...big hugs, Monika