Monday 29 December 2014

Marbled panel with dragonfly


Hi everyone,
 I hope you are all well and happy and that the festive season was a good one for you!

Among my Christmas gifts was this marbled background stamp from Serendipity Stamps.
(I've cut the stamped image in half to use in his panel).

I remember marbling my wedding invitations way back in the late 1980's using a tray of water, some turps and small tins of oil paint. It was so much fun!

I stamped the image in silver, clear embossed it and then coloured with distress inks.
The dragonfly was die cut using snippets of silver shimmer paper so I'm visiting the playground at 

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge has an anything goes theme.
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog
Edited to add: I was visiting in blogland and saw that  Serendipity Stamps also has a challenge where the theme is sparkle and shine.(I hope the silver shimmer paper is sparkly enough). You also need to use one of their stamps or dies. (Thanks Darnell :)
Supplies:
 Serendipity Stamps marbled background; Memory Box dragonfly die;
 distress inks; silver shimmer paper; sentiment sticker; bling.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

18 comments:

roffeycreations said...

This is gorgeous... so are you ... Mxxx

Mrs A. said...

I'm loving those colours on your panel. A very classy looking card. Hugs Mrs A.

Darnell said...

Oooh, you've done it again, Cathy! This is a real standout in the gallery over at Pixie's! I love it!! I hope your Christmas was fantastic! I wish you all the best in the new year!! Hugs, Darnell

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

OOOOOOH Cathy wowsers what great card!!!!!

.. and a marbled stamp ok going hunting and adding it to my wish list ....mind you you have superb taste in the way you make your cards. in case you didn't know ;) I LOVE it and yes have done marbling lots of times must admit and yes the real deal!!

every blessing of the LORD for 2015 and His keeping upon you and all you love.
Shaz in Oz.x
PS am guessing your tank might full now :D

Di said...

Absolutely stunning Cathy! Gosh that stamp is fabulous - but more importantly, you used it beautifully! As Darnell says - this is a real standout for sure!

Hugs

Di xx

Carol L said...

This is simply stunning with all that beautiful marbled color! I love the silver that perfectly blends with those soft swirls! Gorgeous!

Sarn said...

Fantastic card. Love the marbled inky effect. Happy New Year to you xxx

Teresa Kline said...

hi Cathy! sweet CAS card, so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! May your 2015 be filled with lots of glimmer and happiness!

sparkle & shine *~*

BożenA said...

Chic and elegance! Great card. Beautiful colors and composition.
Regards,
Bozena

Jeanne J. said...

That marbled background is gorgeous! Another stamp I need now!!

laurie said...

That marbled panel is gorgeous!

Liz said...

Gorgeous marbled panel. I love the colours. Beautiful card. xx

Greta said...

This is so gorgeous--love this card!

Loll said...

Wow ... love your marbled panel Cathy. Lovely background stamp and gorgeous colours! Happy New Year! Loll xx

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful marbled piece, Cathy! Beautiful shimmer and colors!

AlisonC said...

Hi. Just beautiful and the marbled panel is stunning. Love the soft colours, I didn't know you could get a stamp like that! Hmm, now do I need one?

MaryH said...

Cathy, Saw this at the Snippets Playground as a highlight, and popped over to say Big Congratulations. It's a stunning background and love the silvery dragonfly. I knew this was yours as soon as I spotted it. Just beautiful. Hope that your New Year is off to a great start. TFS & Hugs

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful card!! Love the marbled background!! So glad you joined us at Serendipity!!