Sunday 7 December 2014

Snowman tag


Hi again, I hope you are enjoying your weekend.
A storm is brewing here this afternoon so there will probably be a mad scamper to bring washing in and to shut windows soon!

I was inspired to make this tag by the challenge at The Card Concept.
I was just going to make a winter scene as I don't have any snowman stamps or dies.
I used some snow tex paste I bought a while ago to spread on the branches and at the base of the tree, and realized that it could cover a couple of circles to make a snowman too!
The heat is definitely affecting me lol!
I think my card fits the clean and layered category.

I'm also linking up to the challenge at Virginia's View where the theme is distressing.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge has a holiday theme.
Simon Monday Challenge Blog

and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge has a christmas/ holidays theme.
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Supplies:
Hand cut tag: Memory Box twiggy tree die; distress inks; Deco Art Snow tex; Spellbinders smallest circle die & circle punch; twine; hat cut from scrap of black card; wink of stella pen and sentiment sticker.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

18 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

This is so sweet! Love that little snowman and the textured snow on the branches!

Mrs A. said...

Cute little snowman and I like how you have hung the branches off the edge of the tag.
Hugs Mrs A.

Betty said...

such a cute snowman tag Cathy - and love that twiggy tree die with the snow on the branches - and thanks for your comments on my blog - happy holidays!

Anonymous said...

stunning work!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Happy Holidays :) - Ashli

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous shading and texture of your snowman! Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

Nancy said...

This is such a beautiful tag...love the background and the snow topped tree branches. Thanks so much for playing along with the team and I (GD) at The Card Concept!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous tag, I love the snow! Your butterfly CAS card in previous post is beautiful as well. Have a great week, Shirleyx

Brenda in IN said...

What a cute tag this is! I love that you used texture paste to make your snowman. How clever. It seems funny to see the tag as you are taking the wash off the line in a storm and knowing the heat is so bad. I hope your storms are over and no damage done.

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great tag-love the sponged bg and the dimension on your tree- thanks for joining in with us at the Card Concept tag challenge

Anita in France said...

So fun and cute, Cathy ... all that snow is fabulous! Anita :)

Karren said...

This is so clever and so cute!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous tag Cathy. Super cute snowman and I love the snow on the tree.
Thanks for joining at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

roffeycreations said...

Clever cookie Cathy ... Mxxx

Karen M said...

Beautiful card and I adore your cute snowman:) Hugs xx

Loll said...

Your tag card is so sweet Cathy!! Love the embossing paste on the tree and on your snowman ... adds lots of texture and depth. Loll xx

Neha said...

This tag is stunning...love it! Texture of snow & snowman. Smart design!

Deepti said...

This is so adorable :) love the way u did the snow

Lisa Lara said...

Aw so amazing and makes me smile Cathy.