Sunday 26 April 2015

Red watercolours


Hi, it's very windy outside today! I had to use lots of pegs on the washing line and lower it so it wouldn't spin! Needless to say, not a good hair day !

I was inspired to make this card after I visited Katherine's blog Little Things  and saw this amazing card. 
I also checked out Katherine's link to the video by Sandy Allnock and her faux glazed glass technique. I loved her gorgeous red card and wanted to try the technique straight away.

I don't have the watercolour or gold paints she used, but tried it with what I had and my gold twinkling H2Os.  Here's a pic to try and capture the shimmer a bit better.


I made a green and blue version too so I'll be playing with those next! (I also found the Finetec gold paints in stock in the USA so have ordered them and they're on their way!!)

I'm linking up to these challenges:

Addicted to Stamps & More where the theme is anything goes.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday where it's a clean and simple theme. CAS cards usually need to have a lot of open or white space so I'm hoping the watercolour background is CAS enough.

At Viginia's View Challenge the theme is layers and dimension.
April/May Challenge: Layers and Dimensions

I popped the vellum stamped flower onto one I stamped and embossed on painted watercolour paper.
I used foam dots to add dimension.


Supplies:
Watercolour paper; vellum; Stampers Anonymous Flower Garden stamp; versacolour gold ink & gold ep; MFT leaf filled flourish die; Simon Says Stamp Mum die; Koh i noor watercolour paints; gold twinkling H20s.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x



12 comments:

Karren said...

This is gorgeous! Fabulous background!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! That's one striking, fun and inspirational BG Cathy - love the deep cerise colours and that hint of gold. Thanks for sharing and playing along at ATSM challenge

sandie said...

Amazing background and gorgeous sparkle, adore the vellum. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

thingie said...

Gorgeous background! =) I'm glad you liked it, stay inspired!

Marika said...

Stunning background! And who wouldn't love a hint of gold.

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, the splash of gold along with the bright pink made s stunning background. Isn't it fun to try new things. This came out so pretty.

Loll said...

Wow ... gorgeous Cathy! Thanks for the links. xx

Deborah Frings said...

I love the rich red watercolour background, just beautiful. Such a gorgeous flower too. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week.

Anita in France said...

Wow, Cathy ... so striking and rich ... and gorgeous! The shimmery gold with that bold colour is fabulous with the delicate vellum! Anita :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Just gorgeous! I bet it looks even better in real life! Thanks so much Cathy, for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

cheiron said...

Such a beautiful, vibrant red. Gorgeous flower too. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

roffeycreations said...

Very full on colour!!! Mxxx